Today, we’re going to be looking at Mrs. Fields Sugar Cookie recipes. If you’re living in the US, you will likely be familiar with these gourmet cookies. Freshly baked, chewy, soft – and utterly delicious. In recent years, they even began making gluten-free cookies! However, if you’re looking to make your own Mrs. Fields-inspired gluten-free cookies – look no further. We’ll be looking at several delicious recipes to try at home.
What’s great about sugar cookies, is the texture. The sugar cookie’s texture should be soft and chewy. This can be quite hard to achieve. The secret to this texture is not overmixing. Less mixing makes for softer cookies.
Let’s dive straight into the recipes! We’ll be looking at a few today.
Mrs. Fields Sugar Cookie Recipes
We’ll be taking a look at 4 different types of sugar cookies today. The classic sugar cookie, sugar butter cookie, gingerbread cookie, and chocolate chip cookie. All gluten-free – of course!
Mrs. Fields Classic Sugar Cookie Gluten Free Recipe
I’m adapting a few of these recipes today to make them suitable for gluten-free lifestyle. If you’re looking for a classic vanilla sugar cookie, this is the recipe for you. The next 2 recipes we’ll be looking at are taken from Recipe Self, and all made gluten-free!
The ingredients you’ll need for this recipe are:
- Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour (2 cups)
- Salt (Half a tsp.)
- Sugar (2-3 cups)
- Eggs (2 mixed in a bowl)
- Vanilla extract (Half a tsp.)
- Unsalted butter (2 sticks)
Now here’s a step-by-step guide for your classic sugar cookies.
- Mix the salt and gluten-free flour well into a bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugar until a creamy texture. Add in the eggs slowly and mix until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix again. Once mixed in, add the flour and salt mixture from earlier. Blend well to form a soft dough.
- Place in the fridge for an hour until cold. Once firm, roll out the dough and form into whichever shapes you’re looking for!
- Put the cookies into a preheated oven (350), wrapped in foil, and bake for around 15 minutes.
And the first recipe is complete! It really is that easy.
Learn more about: Are Lenny and Larry’s Cookies Gluten-Free?
Mrs. Fields Gingerbread Sugar Cookies Gluten-Free Recipe
With Christmas time fast approaching, you may want to make some delicious gingerbread cookies. Gingerbread is one of my favorite treats, so let’s see how we make them! The ingredients you’ll need are:
- Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour (3 cups)
- Sugar (2 cups)
- Baking Soda (1 tsp)
- Salt (Half a tsp)
- Cinnamon (1 tsp)
- Salted Butter (2 sticks)
- Ginger (2 tsp)
- Eggs (2 mixed in a bowl)
- Molasses (Half a tsp)
- Milk (1 and a half cups)
Here’s an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide.
- Grab a bowl and mix the flour and salt. Add the cinnamon, ginger, and baking soda and mix well. Set aside when mixed.
- Take another bowl and mix the sugar and butter to form a creamy consistency. Once creamy, mix in the beaten eggs.
- Add the prepared flour and salt mix from earlier and mix until a dough has formed. Chill for one hour.
- Take out the dough and cut into shapes of your choice. Put in a preheated oven (350) for around 15 minutes.
Your gingerbread cookies are ready to eat!
Mrs. Fields Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
I’m a sucker for chocolate, so chocolate and cookies are my favorite combination. This recipe comes from Gluten-Free on a Shoestring. The ingredients you’ll need for this recipe are:
- Gluten-Free Oat Flour (1 cup)
- Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour (1 cup)
- Xanthan Gum (Quarter of tsp)
- Baking Soda (3/4 of tsp)
- Salt (Quarter of tsp)
- Chocolate Chips (8oz)
- Granulated Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Light Brown Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Egg (1 beaten)
- Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
Here’s a step-by-step guide for this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place both flours, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt into a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, add 1 tbsp. of the flour mixture to the chocolate chips and mix.
- To the rest of the flour mixture, add both sugars and mix well. Add the butter, egg, vanilla extract and mix again. Add most of the chocolate chips to the mix and leave about an ounce to one side. Mix well until evenly spread throughout the dough.
- With a rounded tablespoon, drop the dough onto the baking sheet. Leave at least an inch between each dropped piece of dough. Slightly wet your palms and roll each piece of dough into your hands and press into a disk. Add a few of the remaining chocolate chips to each cookie.
- Place them into a freezer for around 10 minutes (or until firm).
- Bake the cookies for around 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
And your chocolate chip cookies are now ready to eat. They should be sweet, chocolatey, and yummy! My mouth is watering at the thought.
How To Tell If Sugar Cookies Are Done?
Sugar cookies are different than standard cookies. Usually, you’re looking for a golden brown color. This is not the case with sugar cookies! They should be baked until they get a glimpse of color and look a little crackled. This will ensure that they have that tender and chewy texture.
I hope this article has helped you to see how easy it is to make your own Mrs. Fields sugar cookies at home, gluten-free. Most baking recipes are easy to adapt gluten-free. And of course, a recipe can not be safer if you’re making it yourself – which makes it all the more delicious!
Do you have any of your own Mrs. Fields-inspired sugar cookie recipes? Or do you think you’ll try making one of the ones we’ve looked at today? Please feel free to share any suggestions or comments below. I’m sure you’ll be helping out fellow gluten-free individuals in the community.
What’s your favorite type of cookie? I don’t think anything is tastier than a chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven!
Read more about: Chocolate Wafer Cookies Substitutes